Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lots of stuff...

This is a long a post, as I don't know when I will get a chance in the next week to post.



Getting time alone with my little family has been hard while the in laws are staying for 6 weeks. But today they went out!!! Oh my!!!



Yippee!!



I found these cardigan clips last weekend at my favourite shop. I have seen cardigan clips on peoples blogs and thought, what an amazing invention! I don't like doing up my cardigans but they always flap open. Taa Daaa!



These are so cute: a berry, a shell and a piece of foliage all encased in resin.



And while the in laws were out I decided to dye one of my dresses black. Note to all those who dye their clothes, check that your gloves don't have holes in them! Black fingers to match my black nail polish.



It all looked promising, the water was very black, my blue dress was hopefully turning black...



NOPE! Still blue. Damn, I have never had this problem before and the material is cotton, so I don't know what went wrong? Oh well I might try again but in boiling water, fingers crossed.



Top dress: Etsy
Cardigan: Temt

Cardigan clips: Vintage Garage

Belt:from another dress
Shoes: Rubi Shoes


Bottom blue (supposed to be black) dress: Frocks and Slacks

Oh! And these are my new prescription sunglasses, they are a revelation, I haven't taken them off all weekend, besides the evening (I don't wear my sunglasses at night).

3 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! The other thing you can try is soaking the dress in soy-milk for 24 hours - don't rinse then let it dry before dying. Something about proteins and binding :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a great and unusual idea, when I get some free time I'll give it a go. Thanks ^U^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new glasses ;-)) I hope the dress works out next time for you, i am afraid i can't offer any advice as i have never dyed clothes before, have a good week, dee x

    ReplyDelete