Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Baking - It must be in the air, peanut butter biscuits

I have been baking a lot lately and it seems that a lot of people in Australia who's blogs I follow are doing the exact same thing - it must be the cooler weather.

As you might have seen from my Instagram feeds I've been making ANZAC biscuits, peanut butter biscuits, upside-down cakes and all manner of baked goods. By far the easiest and the one baking recipe I know by heart is peanut butter biscuits (this recipe is from the Woman's Weekly, I've had this book for many years and love it), they are so, so simple and so, so tasty.  


So all you need is 1 egg, 1 cup caster sugar and 1 cup peanut butter - yes really, 3 ingredients!!

Whisk the egg with a fork and add the caster sugar


 add the peanut butter - I like Kraft and crunchy, and mix them all together



scoop a heaped teaspoon of mixture and roll into a ball, little hands like helping out at this stage 'cause it's sticky and fun


Place on a greased oven tray (I like to use a spray oil) and push down a little with a fork to make them look all fancy


 Then in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes, even our heap of rubbish oven can cook these little beauties (it may look all fab in it's 60's facade but this oven is on it's last legs)


Remember to scrape the bottom of the bowl before little ones remember


Then sit back and relax with a book and a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy their sugary, peanut buttery goodness


Taa! Daa! I hope you enjoy them as much as me, and Little Miss A and Mr Ed


8 comments:

  1. Yummy! I love crunchy peanut butter and will definitely have to give this recipe a try. Thanks for sharing. The more baked treats the better!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only problem is you eat too many and feel a little sick ;) but that might just be me. Let me know if you do make them, and what you think x

      Delete
  2. Thats it - I am so making these! Even with my health food thing happening, these could work if you make em small enough. Or maybe cut down the sugar a smidgen.

    YUM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well peanuts are good for you ;) they are super delicious Esther. I hope you enjoy them x

      Delete
  3. mmmmmmm! Bring me some?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could get your girls to make you some Jess :) x

      Delete
  4. Yum-meee. Just saw these over on instagram, and had to check out the cookies in all their peanut buttery glory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, they are very peanut buttery and delicious :) Thanks for dropping by x

      Delete