Saturday, June 8, 2013

When a friend comes to town we eat cake

Saturday afternoon after I got a tidy-up hair cut by the best hairdresser in Melbourne (yes, she is! Anyone who can cut a bob as fine as her is up there with the best) I met up with 3 of the finest lassies in Melbourne town.


You may know them as: Miss Fairchild's Charm School, Razzle Dazzle Rose and Bess Georgette or....Jess, Jacinta and Teresa and we were off to the Hopetoun Tea Rooms for tea and cake.  *Jacinta doing the creepy hand on the shoulder trick


The Hopetoun Tea Rooms are one of my favourite places to walk past, I often walk down to the Block Arcade in my lunch hour and gaze out of the corner of my eye at all of the tempting cakes and pasties they have in their window.  The queue's are often long and I know why, it's georgeous interior and food, it's a special place.
 

 Look at these 2 getting ready to enjoy a chat, cake and a cup of tea.
  

It was so lovely to meet up with Teresa again (the last time being the Truly Vintage meet at Trish's shop about a month ago) So after tea and cake we waddled around town and popped into a few shops and then waddled our way home.

Here's to more afternoon teas and more cake and more tea with friends.

6 comments:

  1. Such a great day! I say we make afternoon tea a regular thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's a great idea Jess! One can never have enough cake and good conversation. X

      Delete
  2. This was such a great day and a highlight of my trip. Thanks so much!
    I love the "creepy hand" photo!

    I was looking at the snap Jess took of us on Instagram and I think we have matching cheekbones. :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Creepy hand photo is indeed a good'n'.

      Yes to the cheekbones but I think my head is twice as big as yours ^U^ I have a giant head!!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great day out!! Hope to visit the tea room soon! I cant believe I've never been!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Trish, you should visit! It is fabulous: the food, the wallpaper - I loooove the wallpaper.

      Just don't order the meal with melted cheese, the people sitting next to us did and it was the worst smell (I like strong cheese but this was horrid) - cakes and pastries are the best x

      Delete