Monday, June 3, 2013

Sydney - Art Deco buildings, vintage shopping and work


I have been MIA recently, working in Sydney and had a wonderful time even though the only free time I had was from 3pm every day.  (Unfortunately I forgot my camera so most of these photos are from my phone).

  The view of the city on my walk to work everyday
I have been to Sydney twice before, back in the early 1990s for long weekends (the first was to see Primal Scream in 1992 and the other was to see a Manga exhibition - back in those days not many exciting things happened in my home town so we had to travel 13 hours in a car to see anything decent).


So when my work asked if I was interested in representing them at an education EXPO for 4 days in Sydney I put my hand up ME! ME! PLEEEEAAASE - Woo Hoo!  Work was boring so I won't go into that but at the end of each day I walked everywhere and just loved the architecture of Surrey Hills - the Art Deco buildings were stunning and I almost fell into a few puddles and drains straining my neck looking up at their beauty.

Unfortunately all of the photos I took of the Deco buldings refuse to rotate and so this building was the only one I could post - I'm loving the paint work!

Bec from Black Swans Pond tipped me off as to where the Sydney Antique Centre was and I actually became a little catatonic at the size and brilliance of it all and got a headache - but I powered on through the many stalls and found a few items that I fell in love with.

 Unfortunately this beauty was too expensive - isn't she divine!

I was also just down the road from Crown Street and a little cluster of vintage shops where I happened across a few more beauties at Strawberry Fields Vintage and met by coincidence someone that used to work for Pop Boutique as did I in the UK, how small the world is.  And I got a fab scarf for free just 'cause we knew the same people.

 Lovely scarf I picked up at Strawberry Fields Vintage 

I so wish to go back again but next time for a week, no work, and enjoy it with Mr Ed.

 2 purchases - This hat is pure scultpure and pom pom collar aaahhhh

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Your pom pom collar is the most adorable thing ever and so perfect for winter!

    I haven't been to Sydney in years. Not since I left Canberra which is over 6 years ago now… gosh time flies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I hit the jackpot where I was staying in Surrey Hills - so many great shops, cafe's and restaurants - I really want to go back and take a week to just walk around. If you get the chance visit as I'm sure it has changed a lot in 6 years :)

      Delete
  2. I really want to go back and take a week to just walk around.The holistic treatment method is also beneficial in curing Headache Sydney cbd. Hence, have patience and fix your appointment with any doc specialized in holistic treatment method right now.

    ReplyDelete