Wednesday, January 26, 2011

muted colours



This week sees me gearing up for my first day back at work in 2 and a half years. I was feeling surprisingly relaxed about it but on Monday the butterflies in the tummy started and it hasn't stopped.



This outfit is a contender for my first day at work, you see they have a dress down day on Fridays and this is as dressed down as I go.



I love the pattern on this dress - ephemeral paisley is what I like to call it ^U^



On the day I took these photos (Monday) Little Miss A was in daycare and I had the day to myself. I visited the material shop and was searching for material to make myself and Little Miss A matching skirts for Australia Day (26th January). Nothing too patriotic and nothing in the gaudy green and gold that this country has adopted as its national colours - honestly red,white and blue of the flag is far more classy.

They turned out brilliantly considering I didn't have a pattern and made it up as I went along. I have learnt so much making mine in particular and can't wait to get another free day to experiment again.

I'll take some photos and post them up...oh and just a reminder before you see the photos that the material I bought is pretty kitch, but fun.
Cardigan: Savers
Belt: can't remember
Shoes: Target
Brooch: gift

3 comments:

  1. Lovely dress really suits you, good luck with your first day back at work. can't wait to see your skirts, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pattern and those shoes are so cute :)
    I spy a beautiful brooh too :D

    Have a great day at work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I'm nervous but looking forward to it x

    ReplyDelete