Monday, November 8, 2010

Brighton Rock 2010


Image source: Wikipedia

Brighton Rock by Graham Greene is one of my all time favourite books and the 1947 film adaption staring Richard Attenborough is a fabulous film.

My DVD of Brighton Rock takes pride of place along with my kitchen sink dramas from the 1960's - I seem to love watching depressing depictions of everyday life on screen.

Today I discovered from reading Lola is Beauty's blog that they have filmed a remake!!! I am very excited and can't wait for it to be released in Australia.


Image source: Live for Films

One major difference is that it is set in the 1960's instead of the 1930's so I'm imagining plenty of scooter action which makes me think of Quadrophenia (another favourite).

I don't mind that they have tampered with a classic novel as long as the end product maintains the menacing essence of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment